Hey everyone, I wanted to share some news today just in case any of you didn't already know one of my favourite clothes shops New Look now has a petite section. Hooray for all of us short people! It means that now I've booked my holiday I can focus on Summer and more importantly, Summer clothes!
It feels far too early to be looking at these clothes, but I like to be organised.
Since I'm only 5ft 1 1/2 (the half is most definitely important), I thought that I couldn't wear maxi skirts or dresses until I went on holiday last year and bought a maxi dress and ended up living in it, followed by a maxi skirt. It looks great when going out for dinner, or casually throughout the day and I can't wait to start wearing them already.
I thought I'd show you my picks of the New Look petite section and their Summer regular maxi skirts range.
1. Biscuit Stud Belt Jersey Maxi Skirt - £16.99 - This is a gorgeous colour and something I'd wear around the pool, out walking or even for dinner. The belt is studded too which I've still not got bored of!
2. Petite Monochrome Aztec Print Midi Dress - £14.99 - I love this dress. Aztec prints aren't something I've experimented in yet but the fact it's a petite midi dress is a winner in my eyes as midi dresses are usually more like floor length size on me so I think I need to purchase this soon!
3 Petite Black 3/4 Sleeve Bodycon Midi Dress - £14.99 - This dress is a simple bodycon dress that I'd wear to dinner. 3/4 length sleeves normally annoy me but for holidays when it's a little warmer I don't mind them too much. It's only £14.99 too which is a bargain.
4. Navy Shirred Voile Maxi - £14.99 - This dress is in several colours and is a stunning floor length with an elasticated waist. Another multi-use skirt that could make any outfit. The material looks see-through so I probably wouldn't wear it around and about at home when we finally get some sun!
5. Petite Black Ditsy Floral Bandeau Maxi Dress - £19.99 - Another gorgeous dress! I'm going to be bankrupt at this rate. I love bandeau dresses on holiday, they're too easy to throw on over a bikini. It's still a bargain price and I like the plaited waist belt that it comes with too.
6. Vila Grey Vedi Dip Dye Maxi Skirt - £39.99 - This isn't so much a "bargain" but it's still so pretty. The dip dye trend was quite popular last year and it's another trend I didn't get round to attempting myself, it reminds me of my youth when I had far too many dip dye things that I did myself and ruined! Anyway, off on a tangent here but if you're looking for an ombre maxi and it is in your budget then this looks lovely.
I love the feel of maxi skirts, they're so easy to wear and it makes an outfit a bit classier in my opinion. It's made me quite excited for my holiday and I like to be organised and start buying early!
Have you checked out New Look's Maxi section? For those smaller people like myself, which store has your favourite Petite range?