A few weeks ago I bought some colour wheels in the hope of doing some kind of nail art but completely forgot about it. I tested out quite a few new nail products so I'll get straight into them.
1. Revlon Sequins 3 Coats | 2. Essie To Buy Or Not To Buy? | 3. Topshop Adrenalin
4.Technic Carnival 2 Coats | 5. Deborah Lippmann Razzle Dazzle | 6. Essie Tour de Finance
7. Barry M Superdrug Xmas Limited Edition | 8. Barry M Pink Sapphire Glitter | 9. Revlon Sequins 1 Coat
10. Essie Action*
1. Essie Ballet Slippers - This was one of my first Essie nail polishes and I was quite impressed actually. I'd heard bad things about lasting power but found this to last quite a few days, which is good on me! The shade itself isn't great, it's like a white, really pale colour that doesn't look too flattering on me. It's a great base coat though over a glitter polish maybe.
2. Essie Action* - This is my most recent Essie nail polish and is typically a Summer shade so I won't quite get much wear out of it yet but I road tested it for the last few days and it stayed well but chipped at the ends easily. It's definitely a shade I'd pick up in the brighter months but I do think Essie is over-rated.
3. Revlon Sequins (Limited Edition)- This was a freebie from Boots (thanks Boots!) when I bought things using the 3 for 2. I thought surely it's included in the 3 for 2 but nope, they meant completely free! I love it and it looks so pretty. It's nice on top of a neutral, pastel shade and also on its' own. It's not lasted well so far on day 2 of my own nails, but it looks pretty at least!
4. Barry M Superdrug Xmas (Limited Edition) - The packaging alone for this stood out to me. The sort of foil lid is quite a nice addition and it gives it an extra Christmassy feeling. The shade itself is a mix of red, blue and green dots. Two coats is shown above, I think maybe 3 or 4 would cover the whole nail on its' own. Lovely limited edition shade. I'm not sure if it was £2.99, or £3.99 though! I'll come back to you on that..
5. Barry M Pink Sapphire Glitter - Another one where I thought ahh I need this. I was literally stood in the middle of Superdrug with my Boyfriend saying "help me please, which do I choose?!". In the end, we decided I obviously needed both. Turns out I don't, but there's no harm in a little Superdrug points treat is there? This is a mix of, you've guessed it, pink sapphire glitter streaks and dots. I've not tried it on its' own but it's lovely layered over Essie To Buy or Not To Buy.
1. Essie Tour de Finance - This is a lovely shade. I picked this up for a mere £1.99 on Fragrance Direct and was really happy with it. The shade is very fuschia and a Summer shade but that being said, I do like to wear pink all year round when I can! Worth the £1.99.
2. Deborah Lippmann Razzle Dazzle - This is a Glossybox old sample. I was so happy when I got this and wore it all of last Winter so it's done me well. It's going quite dry now so needs a bit of DIY to spring it back to life but it's a great typical Christmas shade to me. It's a pain to remove but what glitter nail polish isn't?
3. Technic Carnival - Aka Opi Rainbow dupe, I bought this in Summer and loved it but since noticed a lot of the glitter nail polishes are the same (see colour wheel numbers 4 and 7). It's still lovely, packaging a bit cheap but it's a great dupe.
4. Topshop Adrenalin - My favourite nail polish out of everything I own! This is like no other glitter nail polish I own and boy am I partial to a glitter polish or 2. It's so sparkly and catches the light easily. This is another that's a pain to remove but I just love it! I absolutely love their cute packaging and also love polka dots funnily enough. I won't get bored of this for a while that's for sure.
5. Essie To Buy or Not To Buy - This is a pale lilac/blue based shade that is a great base colour for layering glitter or nail art on. I also bought this from Fragrance Direct.
All links to the nail polish that I can find are directly clickable on the name. :)
Which is your favourite festive nail polish? Do you like glitter polish?